Monument Construction Permits-(New builds and alterations)

As of January 1, 2019, the Town of Monument requires a digital Excel permit application
No paper or PDFs will be accepted

For more information on Planning and Building Permits, go to "

Planning Page


*You may call Theresa Rust with questions about this permitting process at 719-884-8015. 

*For any questions relating to construction or Town inspections such as for sidewalks, right of way needs or Land Development, please contact Tom Martinez at 719-884-8036

Important notes:

  • The property must be located within the Town limits
  • You are required to obtain inspection permits from Pikes Peak Regional Building Department 719-327-2880
  • Note: If you have an Apple computer, you will need to convert your MAC .numbers file into a Microsoft Excel file. Here is a video on how

Monument Construction Permit Documents
- A land Use permit is required for new, or additions to, commercial or residential structures. When submitting new build permit applications, please provide the following:

    • 8 ½ X 11 copies of the site plan and building elevations
    • Any addition design plans
    • Basement Finish letter

  Residential Monument Construction permits (links)- Permit for New construction of a residential home to include the following:
New construction in Town of Monument water dist.-Single-Family Residential 
   New construction in Triview water district-Single-Family Residential

    • Residential Builder Stormwater Quality Control
    • Application certification

    • Basement finish
    • Deck
    • Solar
    • Garage
    • Shed (over 200 sq. ft)


Commercial Monument Construction permits (links)

  • New TMD water dist. Commercial Permit - Permit for new construction of a commercial building that is located within the Triview District.
  • New TOM water dist. Commercial Permit- Permit for new construction of a commercial building that is located within the Town of Monument District.
  • Commercial Addition/Alteration Permit -                                                                                                                                                       Alteration Construction Permits for additions such as:  Garage, Interior remodel, Solar


The Town of Monument does require a business license for any work performed within the Town Limits. This can be applied for and paid at the Town offices or online-

You can also verify that your contractor has obtained a business license and a permit by calling the Town at 719.481.2954

Fees &


Please keep in mind that location of the development may require additional fees, such as Triview. Visit the Maps page for the location maps of these districts.
You MUST pick up and pay for your permit only when approved.
You may pay by Cash, Check or Charge for the Town permits. Triview fees must be paid by Cash or Check only. No payment will be due at the time of submitting the permit because use tax (Town of Monument or Triview) will not be calculated until processing.  Payment can be made at the time of permit issuance.

The Town of Monument, Colorado makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation. Utilization of this Web site indicates understanding and acceptance of this statement.