Land Use Permits
Land Use Permit Documents- A land Use permit is required for new, or additions to, commercial or residential structures. When submitting new build permit applications, please provide the following:
- 8 ½ X 11 copies of the site plan and building elevations
- Any addition design plans
- Basement Finish letter
Residential land use permits (links)- Permit for New construction of a residential home to include the following:
New construction in Town of Monument water dist.-Single-Family Residential
New construction in Triview water district-Single-Family Residential
- Residential Builder Stormwater Quality Control
- Application certification
- Single Family Residential Addition/alteration - Construction Permit for residential additions such as:
- Basement finish
- Shed (over 200 sq. ft)
Commercial land use permits (links)
- New TMD water dist. Commercial Permit - Permit for new construction of a commercial building that is located within the Triview District.
- New TOM water dist. Commercial Permit- Permit for new construction of a commercial building that is located within the Town of Monument District.
- Commercial Addition/Alteration Permit - Alteration Construction Permits for additions such as: Garage, Interior remodel, Solar
The Town of Monument does require a business license for any work performed within the Town Limits. This can be applied for and paid at the Town offices or online-https://www.townofmonument.org/162/Business-Licenses
You can also verify that your contractor has obtained a business license and a permit by calling the Town at 719.481.2954
Please keep in mind that location of the development may require additional fees, such as Triview. Visit the Maps page for the location maps of these districts.
You MUST pick up and pay for your permit only when approved.
You may pay by Cash, Check or Charge for the Town permits. Triview fees must be paid by Cash or Check only. No payment will be due at the time of submitting the permit because use tax (Town of Monument or Triview) will not be calculated until processing. Payment can be made at the time of permit issuance.
The Town of Monument, Colorado makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation. Utilization of this Web site indicates understanding and acceptance of this statement.