Special Event Permits

Special Event Permit

Interesting in hosting a special event in the Town of Monument?
All special events, circuses, carnivals or similar exhibitions, parades, processions or open air meetings conducted within the Town of Monument are required to obtain a permit from the Town prior to commencing such activities. This requirement does not apply to such activities that are conducted solely on private property except that such activities will be conducted in compliance with all applicable ordinances and regulations. The special event permit fee is $100.00 (refundable) and will apply to all events. Please submit completed Special Event Permit Application packets to the Community Relations Department at 166 Second Street. Contact Madeline VanDenHoek with any questions at 719-884-8013.
Please note that commercial activities and special events (i.e. bike races, running races, sporting events, etc.) are prohibited without a valid Special Event Permit.  If your event will have alcohol, you will also need to apply for a Special Event Liquor License.

All forms are available for download below or at the Community Relations office, 166 Second Street (Tri-Lakes Chamber of Commerce) in Downtown Monument. Event planners will only need to submit the forms applicable to their particular event.

Special Event Application Packet - include all forms

Block Party Permit

A neighborhood Block Party is a great way for neighbors to connect!
In Monument, we value neighborhood events as a way to foster relationships and strengthen connections between community members. Block Parties are localized, self-organized events that benefit the entire Town by creating welcoming, close-knit communities.
If you are interested in hosting a neighborhood Block Party, please be aware of the following:
  • You will be required to obtain the permission of your neighbors to close the street. Contacting your neighbors personally and getting their signatures will demonstrate neighborhood support for the event.
  • Collector and Arterial streets are generally not eligible for closure.
  • Block Party Permits are reviewed by various Town departments and outside agencies prior to a Block Party Permit being issued, therefore, we ask that your completed application be submitted no less than 14 days from the intended date of your event.
  • There is a $25 block party application fee.
Please submit completed Block Party Permit Application packets to the Community Relations Department at 166 Second Street. Contact Madeline VanDenHoek with any questions at 719-884-8013.

Banner Boards

The Town has six banner board locations, strategically placed on major roads for high visibility. Banner boards are only available to non-profit or charitable organizations. A permit is not required. A no-fee registration form is required to be completed by the applicant. Proof of the organization’s non-profit or charitable 501(c)3 status must be provided prior to use of the banner boards.
The non-profit/charitable event must directly benefit the Town of Monument or the Tri-Lakes Region.
Use of the banner boards is on a first-come first-serve basis. For organizations holding annual events, banner boards can be reserved 6 months in advance of the event, by completing an application.
2016-08-11 09.18.53