Minor Permits

Home Improvements

The Pikes Peak Regional Building Department (PPRBD) can now process land use permits for the Town of Monument for certain improvements, including:
  • Furnace replacement
  • Miscellaneous electrical
  • Miscellaneous plumbing work
  • Roofs
  • Water heater replacement
  • Foundation repair
You may need a separate Town of Monument "Land Use Addition" permit in addition to your PPRBD permit verifying your submittal to PPRBD. Please contact our office with any questions 719-884-8015.

Please note that all contractors must have a current Town of Monument business license on file before a Land Use Permit can be issued.

Visit the El Paso County page for County information.

Pikes Peak Regional Building GIS site For looking up your address for Assessor and Permit information. 


The Town of Monument does require a business license for any work performed within the Town Limits. This can be applied for and paid at the Town offices or on the Town of Monument website. 

You can also verify that your contractor has obtained a business license and a permit by calling the Town at 719.481.2954

Town of Monument Permit Forms must be saved on your computer to complete prior to submission. 

For more information on Planning and Building Permits, go to "Planning Page"

The Town of Monument, Colorado makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation. Utilization of this Web site indicates understanding and acceptance of this statement.