The Planning Department oversees the development of the Town and is responsible for interpreting and administering the Town's Comprehensive Plan, Zoning and Subdivision Regulations. The department reviews and processes all development applications, including those that require a recommendation from the Planning Commission and approval by the Board of Trustees, as well as smaller-scale development applications and permits that are approved administratively.
The Department provides customer service regarding inquiries about zoning and subdivision regulations, development, and construction. The Department is responsible for reviewing and approving construction plans, and permitting and inspecting all new developments and infrastructure improvements.
The Department also assists in the planning, design, and construction management of municipal projects.
The documents on this page provide you with a quick guide to ensure you have everything you need for your development projects.
PLEASE DO NOT PAY FOR PERMITS ONLINE THAT HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED BY THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT!
Planning Checklists & Documents
- Annexation Checklist (PDF)
- Construction Documents Checklist (PDF)
- Downtown Sign Information (PDF)
- Final PD Site Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Final Plat Replat Vacation Checklist (PDF)
- Landscape Guidelines as of 1-16-18
- Landscape Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Non-Profit Temporary Signs (PDF)
- Preliminary Final PD Site Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Preliminary PD Site Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Preliminary Plat Checklist (PDF)
- Sign Application Checklist (PDF)
- Sketch PD Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Traditional Zoning Site Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Traffic Impact Analysis Criteria (PDF)
- Zoning Rezoning Map (PDF)